A couple of weeks ago I was in my best friend’s wedding (yay) and had to decide how I wanted to wear my hair. I went back and forth about leaving it down, because my biggest fear is that it will fall flat by the end of the night. I explained my concerns to my hairdresser and told him that I wanted big, sexy, voluptuous hair – and I was super happy with how it turned out! So just last weekend when I was getting ready for the MYPIE Awards Gala, I thought to myself that I’d like to recreate that hair to see if I could do it myself. Again, I really loved the volume that this method was giving me! If you want to know how I got my hair so big and curly, just follow some of my tips below! Hope you guys give this technique a try and please let me know how it turns out!
1. Divide your hair into about 4 or 5 horizontal sections from top to bottom.
2. Before curling each piece, tease the root of your hair with a teasing comb.
3. Take pieces (roughly an inch) and bring your curling iron all the way to the end of the section, then roll up and hold in place. Keep the hair on the curling iron for about 1 minute.
4. When you release the curl, make it so that it stays in the ‘rolled up’ shape in your hand. Be careful because the hair will be very hot!
5. Grab a bobby pin and secure the hair to your head. Don’t worry about them looking the same or perfect! For some I use two bobby pins to make sure the curl stays in place.
6. Continue the process around your whole head until every piece is pinned in place.
7. Spray your hair all over with a heavy holding hair spray. Let set for as long as you can. I left my hair pinned for about an hour as I continued getting ready.
8. Let out all of the bobby pins, shake your head upside down, and voila! Big, sexy hair!