Okay guys, this is seriously the best substitute recipe for banana bread: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! I found this recipe on Pinterest from BakerBettie.com and knew that we had to try it! I love how simple this recipe is, easy to whip up quickly with ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen! So if you are craving something sweet, but don’t want a complicated recipe full of sugar, then you should definitely give this a try!
2½ cups oatmeal
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas if they are small, 2 very large bananas)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1½ cup chocolate chips
banana slices for garnish if desired
– Preheat oven to 350ºF.
– Lightly oil a loaf pan and set aside.
– Put oatmeal in a blender or food processor and pulse to a fine crumb.
– Add all of the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips to the blender and blend until combined. You may need to scrape down the sides and then blend again to get completely combined. (it will not be completely smooth. The oatmeal will give it a grainyness and it will be very thick! Much thicker than a traditional banana bread)
-If the batter is very crumbly add a few TBSP of water or non-dairy milk to the mixture. You want the batter to be very thick but it should still hold together.
– Fold in 1½ cup of the chocolate chips.
– Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
– Top with banana slices if desired.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hope you all enjoy this great alternative to banana bread! Let me know if you gave it a try!