So here we are, 2 months into parenthood, and loving every minute of it. I can’t believe that Zuri is almost 8 weeks old, that is just surreal to me! But, as many of you guys know, being a first time parent can be super confusing because there are so many different baby items on the market. We didn’t know what we needed, what was a waste of money or what brands to trust. Well, I’m not claiming to be an expert, but now that we are settled into a routine, I do know what baby items I seriously couldn’t live without. These are the essentials that get a lot of praise in the Hamilton household and I hope that this may help some of you guys out there who may be searching for some baby must haves as well!
- HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper: I seriously couldn’t imagine getting through the nights without this bassinet. It’s amazing! It’s the same height as our bed, so I can check on Zuri while we are sleeping and can easily pick her up for feedings. Plus, it swivels so I literally don’t even need to get out of bed. It has been a life saver!
- ‘Girl’ Gap Outfit: We received this adorable outfit as a gift while still in the hospital. Once we got home we realized that we didn’t have many outfits that actually fit her, because everyone told us not to buy newborn sizes because she wouldn’t get her use out of it. Well, it turns out we needed at least a few, because we wore this outfit on her so many times! She definitely got her use out of this one. It’s now on sale and comes in the boy version too – but you guys need to check it out on Gap.ca because Zuri’s picture is featured on the website! So amazing 🙂
- Lulujo Swaddle Blankets: We received so many swaddle blankets as gifts and I thought, wow I will never use all of these – but it’s what we use the most! Our favourite brand is Lulujo because they are so nice and big plus have the best materials!
- Graco Glider Elite Swing: There are so many swings, gliders and bouncers out there so choosing one that was right for us was actually really difficult. Every child is different and some don’t even like to be in a swing, but Zuri sure does! We are so happy with this product, and most days it is a life saver! I especially love that it is a 2-in-1, so I can remove the chair and bring it around the house with me. I also appreciate the color because it blends with the decor in my living room and isn’t bright and multicoloured like a lot of baby products.
- Kate Spade Diaper Bag: The main reason why I love my Kate Spade diaper bag is because it just feels like I am carrying a large stylish purse. It’s subtle and matches everything. I don’t have this exact one, but all of her diaper bags have lots of compartments and a little changing pad, which is super convenient!
- My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow: This pillow is definitely a little intimidating compared to other nursing pillows on the market. When I first got this one I really wondered if I would bother bringing it out for every feeding. Well let me just say that I absolutely use it every time and I love it! I think I like it’s sturdiness the most, but also that it supports my back! Haven’t tried any other nursing pillows to compare, but I am in love with this one!