We made the yummiest snack last night while stuck inside because of the storm, so I thought I would share it with you all today! There are lots of different recipes for Sweet Potato Nachos online, but I just kind of used a little of each to come up with ours! The only problem was that we didn’t make enough, they were super tasty and didn’t last very long. Hope you guys give this a try! It’s a nice alternative for nacho night! Enjoy!
2 large sweet potatoes (or several baby sweet potatoes)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded cheese (we used Craft’s TexMex)
1/2 green bell pepper
1 cooked chicken breast
sour cream & salsa for dipping
1) Preheat oven to 425F and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Wash and dry your sweet potatoes, then use a vegetable peeler to peel them. Slice them into 1/4 inch rounds and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, using your hands to ensure that each round is evenly coated. Season with garlic powder, cayenne paper, salt and pepper, tossing well.
3) Place rounds in a single layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, turning them over halfway through to ensure they don’t burn.
4) Remove from oven and push the potatoes together, allowing the edges to slightly overlap. Top with green pepper, chicken and cheese before returning to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5) Remove from oven and serve with sour cream and salsa.