I tried this super easy recipe last night for supper and just had to share it with you guys today! I have never made fish tacos before, so I went on Pinterest and found this recipe that I tried to follow. I ended up not having all of the ingredients listed, but rolled with it anyway hoping for the best! They turned out great and were super tasty! Let me know what you think if you give this recipe a try!
For the Fish:
- Haddock fillets (4)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
For the Avocado-Cilantro Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and skinned
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of your haddock fillets, and then rub the seasonings in.
- Combine all of the Avocado-Cilantro Sauce ingredients in a food processor or hand mixer. Pulse until well-combined.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the haddock. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until the outside is blackened and the fish flakes apart easily.
- Remove the fish from the heat, and if desired, warm the corn tortillas in the same skillet over medium heat, cooking for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Break up the fish into 2-3″ pieces. Serve with tortillas, greens, tomatoes and the avocado-cilantro sauce
I’d love for you to follow along with me:
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Vimeo